Have you ever heard the term feature wall alias wall fulcrum? The house interior design style popular in the 1990 and early 2000. Now, the use of the abutting wall again popular, of course with style and a touch that has been adapted to modern minimalist trend. Well, what exactly is the abutting wall? And how do you use in your dwelling?
Wall fulcrum on Interior Design
In simple language, the abutting wall (feature wall) was painted walls different from the other walls in a room, even though the actual application, the abutting wall distinction is not necessarily done using paint. The main reason to use a feature wall in interior design living room or other room in the house is to add an element of creative and artistic value.
In addition, the abutting wall is used for a variety of other reasons, such as:
Avoiding boredom or 'vapidity' in the atmosphere that is created in a room
Refreshing feel of home
Determining the special function room
As a focal point or a focal point of the room, to look away from the other part that is less attractive
As a statement of 'style' or personal tastes homeowners
When you use it as part of the interior design of bedroom, dining room, living room, family room or even the bathroom, the abutting wall design affects the atmosphere created inside a room. Therefore, the selection should be done carefully, taking into account a variety of things, such as themes occupancy, room area, and other elements contained in the room.
Tips for Choosing the fulcrum Wall Interior Design
Fulcrum wall design you use can make a room seem more narrow or more airy. The rooms were great noticeably idea, a small room feel more spacious, or even a narrow room became more crowded. Which do you choose? Here are some tips that you can apply to select the feature wall in minimalist interior design of your home:
- Do not use too many feature wall in your home. Fulcrum wall indicates the area 'specials.' However, if the special area too much, is it still 'special' name? So, you have to selectively choose which one to use the wall as a feature wall.
- Do not use more than one wall abutting in one room, because it would create the impression of 'collision' and overdone. Especially in a small room, the use of more than the abutting walls can actually make the room feel smaller.
- Adjust the abutting walls with other elements in the room. Make sure you use a design that really makes the wall feel 'special' and stand out.
- Do not use too flashy design, giving rise to the impression that the other elements in the room means nothing. You still have to appreciate and maintain the scheme design and function room.
- Select wall position just to serve as a focal point or fulcrum of view when you enter the room.
- Do not choose a wall that has a lot of windows or doors, because the impression of 'specials' that you create will not be visible
- Choose a wall with interesting architectural elements and distinctive to serve as a pedestal.
Basically, the abutting wall in minimalist interior design will be a badge of identity and your dwelling room. That is, the fulcrum wall reflects your personal taste and style. Then, as if the abutting wall design that is appropriate for your home? What elements are used to create the feature wall? And what trend the use of walls abutting on contemporary minimalist.